The Future of Citizenship
Thursday, November 30th – 9am to 7pm
Planet Word Museum (925 13th St NW, Washington, DC 20005)
What Should You Expect at the Future of Citizenship?
- Democracy, Tech, and Artificial Intelligence: What are the impacts of tech and artificial intelligence on democracy? Tech and democracy experts embrace this question and many more.
- Mapping a Healthy Democracy Ecosystem: What are the organizations, networks, and fields working to improve the health of democracy, and how can they work together in this new environment?
- Measuring Civic Readiness and Civic Opportunities: How can we use civic data and new technologies to help citizens and communities track their progress?
- Julia Angwin (Founder of The Markup and columnist for New York Times) and Dave Willner (former Head of Safety and Trust at OpenAI) explore the impacts of artificial intelligence on our democracy.
- Elizabeth Hansen Shapiro (CEO, National Trust for Local News) and Sewell Chan (Editor-in-Chief of the Texas Tribune) examine the role of nonprofit local news to improve community connectedness and trust in communities.
- Democracy experts Matt Leighninger (Director of the Center for Democracy Innovation at National Civic League) and Carolyn Lukensmeyer (CEO, National Institute for Civil Discourse) lead an in-depth analysis and mapping of the organizations, networks, and fields that are working to improve the health of our democracy in this new environment.
- Raj Vinnakota (President, Institute of Citizens and Scholars), Louise Dube (Executive Director, iCivics), David Bobb (President, Bill of Rights Institute) join us to examine the future of civic learning.
- Sharon L. Davies (President and CEO of the Kettering Foundation) will lead a session on innovations in democracy.
The full agenda and programming will be shared in the coming weeks.
Additional sponsorship made possible by the NCoC Board of Directors
1011 K St NW, Washington, DC 20001
Moxy Hotel is our preferred hotel for this conference. Use this link to make your hotel reservation at a special rate.
1201 K St NW, Washington, DC 20005
1001 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20005
Questions or want to be involved?
Reach out to [email protected] with any questions about the event or need special accommodations.