NCoC is currently seeking citizen leaders to fulfill the following position:
Ask Every Student Manager, Students Learn Students Vote Coalition
About the Organization:
Founded in 2016, the Students Learn Students Vote (SLSV) Coalition is a diverse group of nearly 400 local, state, national, and student nonpartisan organizations working with over 1,700 campuses. We’re the national hub and the largest nonpartisan network in the United States dedicated to increasing student voter participation and civic engagement. Through data-driven approaches and by working with organizations, campuses, and individuals, we’re designing and advancing a shared agenda around political learning and college student voting. The SLSV Coalition is a project of the National Conference on Citizenship (NCoC).
NCoC is a congressionally chartered organization dedicated to strengthening civic life in America. We pursue our mission through a nationwide network of partners involved in a cutting-edge civic health initiative and our cross-sector conferences. At the core of our joint efforts is the belief that every person has the ability to help their community and country thrive.
The SLSV Coalition is seeking a full-time Manager to project manage Ask Every Student, a full participation, student voter registration program, by leading a steering committee and coordinating award distribution to campuses within the program.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to foster coordination and cooperation among diverse groups. They will be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and able to handle a heavy workload. This position is an opportunity to engage with student voting-focused nonprofits, funders, and campuses to help institutionalize meaningful voter registration practices.
The Ask Every Student Manager, who ideally would be based out of DC and reports to the Deputy Director, is responsible for the following:
- Managing the day to day communication, data, and oversight for the program
- Leading weekly steering committee meetings and contributing as a representative of the SLSV Coalition
- Keeping Ask Every Student on track to achieve target goals and outcomes
- Writing and presenting grant reports to program funders on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Helping to vision, develop, and then share resources and tools that align with the program mission both for a physical and digital environment
- Helping develop and implement the two campus participation levels – codesigner and commitment cohorts
- Supporting nonprofit partners in their work with commitment campuses
- Managing award distribution including the processes for applying, reviewing, awarding, tracking, and reporting
We’re seeking candidates who excel in relationship-building, are results-oriented, and have strong project management skills. You should have:
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders
- A demonstrated commitment to meeting a high bar and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles
- Experience managing projects and the ability to oversee a multi-faceted project in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Prior experience in student voting organizing and higher education are both plusses but are not requirements. Currently, this role is grant-funded through December 31, 2020, but there is the potential for additional funding that would extend the position. Preference is for this position to be located in DC, but especially given the current context, we’re open to considering different options.
How to Apply:
Please send one attached document containing a cover letter & resume to [email protected] with “Materials for Ask Every Student Manager – LAST NAME” in the email subject line.
Ask Every Student: https://www.studentvoting.org/
SLSV Coalition: https://www.slsvcoalition.org/
At NCoC, we value excellence, creativity, and initiative. NCoC provides a nurturing work environment and generous benefits for our employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. Please let us know if you have served in one of these programs. NCoC is based in Washington, DC