The Algorithmic Transparency Institute is a project of The National Conference On Citizenship (ncoc), a non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening civic life in America. We build technical infrastructure enabling accountability research and journalism about the impact of algorithms on society.
We are seeking a Python Developer to expand and deploy a large scale data collection system based on an existing codebase and methodology. This is a short term, fully remote project.
Who You Are
- You are a Python Developer experienced in working with data at scale.
- You can setup and configure services on AWS
- You are experienced with Selenium and web scraping
- You are comfortable building and deploying containerized applications using Docker or similar technologies
- You are familiar with best-practices for logging and monitoring large scale applications
- You are experienced in various SQL and NoSQL database technologies.
- You are experienced in using RESTful APIs.
About The Project
- You will consult with other members of the team and customize the solution for our requirements.
- You will optimize this system for operating at scale.
- You will contribute to open source by submitting PRs back to the original project.
How to Apply
To apply for a position, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include the position title in the subject of your email. Please no telephone calls or additional emails.