The Algorithmic Transparency Institute is a project of The National Conference On Citizenship (NCoC), a non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening civic life in America. We build technical infrastructure enabling accountability research and journalism about the impact of algorithms on society.
We are seeking a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to refine and improve a tech stack that ingests large volumes of data for indexing and high performance retrieval based on complex search requests. This is a permanent, full time position. The project is fully remote.
Who You Are
- You are excited to work on a public purpose technology project focused on improving information quality and protecting democracy
- You are a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer with experience refactoring, improving test coverage, and optimizing a large-scale ruby on rails application that:
- Uses Elasticsearch extensively via searchkick
- Processes data using background workers with sidekiq / redis
- Is deployed on Heroku
- Integrates with numerous external APIs
- Provides developer APIs to enable integrations and data extraction
- Is rapidly developed in response to user-needs and feature requests
- You are focused on the backend but understand and support the needs for your teammates who are focussed on implementing front end solutions.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5+ years of professional experience
- Significant Ruby on Rails ecosystem fluency
- AWS administration
- Rspec / test-driven development
- Continuous Integration
- Experience with enterprise level architecture design and development
- Experience with multiple scripting & programming languages
- Good debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
How to Apply
To apply for a position, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include the position title in the subject of your email. Please no telephone calls or additional emails.