The National Conference on Citizenship (NCoC) is pleased to partner with Luminate, SLSV, Georgetown’s Beeck Center for Social Impact + Innovation and the USC Annenberg Innovation Lab to offer a series of trainings and office hours featuring experts and peers around the country who are facing similar challenges to help you adapt your local GOTC efforts to address COVID-19. A full schedule of training offerings is listed below. All trainings will be held virtually and recordings of each session will be made available for those unable to attend. Attendance is on a first-come, first-served basis. To register for a training, follow the links for each event below.
Information Session: Tuesday, July 14th, 3:00-4:00pm EDT Join us to learn more about the training series. This session will also incorporate an interactive portion during which we will invite organizations to informally share their experiences, questions, and needs to help tailor future training sessions and office hours. RSVP to the Census COVID-19 Reponse Training Information Session
The Impact of COVID-19 on Census Operations and GOTC: Tuesday, July 21st, 2:00-3:30pm ET Learn about how COVID-19 has changed census operations, and opportunities for adapting outreach strategies to this new normal. Speakers:
- Dr. William Pewen, Clinical Infectious Disease Specialist
- Maria Filippelli, Public Interest Technology Census Fellow, New America
Content Creation and Social Media Marketing: Wednesday, July 22nd, 2:30-4:00pm ET Learn how to create and share engaging and informative social media content and develop a digital outreach strategy that reaches your organization’s target communities. Speakers:
- Mara Abrams, Co-Founder, Census Open Innovation Labs at the U.S. Census Bureau
- Lorena Molina-Irizarry, Director of Operations, Census Open Innovation Labs at the U.S. Census Bureau
- Céline Chieu, Digital Communications Associate, Beeck Center for Social Impact + Innovation, Georgetown University
Digital Organizing 101: Thursday, July 23rd, 1:00 – 2:30pm ET Learn about the tools and techniques that you can use to transition your organization’s GOTC campaign from being in-person to online. Speakers:
- Colin Miles Maclay, Executive Director, USC Annenberg Innovation Lab
- Marissa Corrente, Deputy Director, Students Learn Students Vote (SLSV) Coalition
Weekly Expert-Led Office Hours Beginning the week of August 3rd, we will offer weekly, expert-led office hours to answer your questions and support your local GOTC efforts. More information to come on these.